Introducing : Starcrawlers
StarCrawlers is a modern take on a classic dungeon crawling CRPG with a cyberpunk flavor. The central story involves a massive colony ship, the Stella Marin, that has drifted into your sector on the fringes of space, its colonists and crew mysteriously vanished. You run a crew of freelance adventurers, and you’ll investigate the ship and its strange history as you take on jobs from powerful megacorps all of whom have their own agendas regarding the ship and its secrets.
You’ll also get plenty of jobs that take you off the ship, to raid corp facilities, other ships, and even planets. The Narrative AI procedurally generates missions and maps based on your past decisions, reputation with various factions and a variety of different factors. Whether you’re raiding a pirate hulk or extracting data from a corp, your dungeon will be custom built to match with interactive environments, traps, loot and enemies. StarCrawlers features strategic RPG style combat with a time unit based action system.
In StarCrawlers, you’ll lead a crew of Crawlers, each with their own unique skills and abilities. Together you’ll take on jobs to explore abandoned spacecraft, battle mighty enemies, and unravel corporate intrigue. Some key features of StarCrawlers:
- Classic first person dungeon crawling in a detailed sci-fi universe
- Narrative AI procedurally generates missions and dungeons with randomized encounters, traps, and enemies
- Strategic RPG style combat featuring a time unit action system
- An atmospheric soundtrack by Ben Prunty
- Randomly generated and upgradeable loot
- PC, Mac, and Linux support
To find out more information visit the Starcrawlers website and development blog: